If you want to be sure that the valuable content that I’m sending you actually gets to you, please follow the whitelisting steps below for the email provider that you use.
Gmail Add to Contacts
To be sure my emails are delivered to your Inbox, add the sender email address to your contacts list:
1. Open the email from the sender.
2. Click the drop down arrow next to “Reply” in the upper right.
3. Click the “Add ‘Sender’ to Contacts List.”
4. You will now see ‘Sender’ appear under the link “Contacts” on the left side of the page.
5. Click the “Gmail” icon on the top left Gmail.
6. Click the link “Contacts” and then in the “Search Contacts” form field type: ‘Sender’
7. Now you can select to move ‘Sender’ to a contact list of your choice and edit any details.
Report as “Not Spam”
1. Check your Gmail Spam Folder
2. Locate and open the email from the sender (if it’s in there)
3. Click the button on the toolbar labeled “Not spam.”
1. If you are using Gmail Tabs such as “Promotions,” open the Promotions tab in Gmail.
2. If you find an email from us in your Gmail Promotions tab…
3. Grab and drag my email to the Priority Inbox Tab.
4. Once this is done, you will receive an alert confirming that the conversation has been moved to “Primary.” It will also ask if you want to do this for future messages from the sender email By clicking “yes,” you’re telling Gmail that you always want my emails to go straight to your inbox.
To be sure my emails are delivered to your Inbox, please add our email to your Address Book.
If you find an email from me in your spam folder, please open the email and click “Not spam” on your Inbox toolbar.
1. Open the email from the sender
2. Click the “show details” link next to the Email in the From field.
3. Move your mouse over or tap on the sender email to show the menu.
4. Click or tap “Add contact” in the menu displayed.
5. Add the name to the name fields
6. Click “Add contact”
If using AOL webmail, replying to an email from me will also work and emails from me will be delivered straight to your Inbox.
To make sure that emails are delivered to your Yahoo! inbox, there are two things you can do:
1. Use the “Not Spam” button in your Bulk folder.
2. Create a filter to automatically send email from certain Domains to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery.
Report as “Not Spam”
1. Check your Yahoo! Bulk folder
2. If you see the email from me, open our email and click or tap the “Not Spam” button on the toolbar.
3. This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help.
Create a Filter – This Ensures Delivery
1. Move your mouse over or tap the “Gear” icon in the top right navigation bar.
2. Select “Settings” from the dropdown list.
3. Choose “Filters” located on the left side of the page.
4. Click the “Add” button on the Filters page.
5. Create a name such as “Whitelist” in the “Filter name” field.
6. In the “From” field leave the default “contains” selected.
7. Enter the sender email address in the box next to “Contains.”
8. Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox.
9. Click “Save.”
10. You will see in the next screen Deliver to “Inbox” if From contains “Sender Email”
11. Click “Save.”
12. You will be returned to your Yahoo! Inbox.
Previously “Hotmail”, “Live”, “Windows Live” and “MSN”
In the new Outlook.com you must click the “Wait it’s safe” link if you find emails mis-marked as spam.
Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts will not whitelist the sender.
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of two things:
Mark Sender as “Wait it’s safe!
1. Check your “Junk” folder if you don’t see an email from me in your Inbox
2. Open the email from the Sender
3. Click the “Wait it’s safe” link
Manually Add to Safe List
1. Click gear icon on the top right.
2. Select “Options” in the drop down list.
3. On the Options page under “Preventing junk email” click “Safe and blocked senders”
4. Click the link “Safe senders” on the next page.
5. Enter the sender email address in the text box.
6. Click “Add to list”
7. I will now be added to your list of “Safe senders”
Emails added to your “Safe senders” will not be delivered by mistake to your “Junk” folder.
Outlook 2003 (or higher)
Add me to your “Safe senders” list
1.Right click our email in your Inbox email list pane.
2. On the menu displayed move your mouse over or tap “Junk”
3. Click or tap on “Never block sender” in the menu that rolls out.
4. The resulting popup will say: “The sender of the selected message has been added to your Safe Senders List.”
5. Click “OK”
To add a sender to your address book
1. Open the email
2. Right click on the “From” address
3. Choose the “Add to contacts” option
iCloud automatically identifies most junk mail (spam) sent to your iCloud.com address or its aliases and moves the junk mail to your Junk mail folder. If you receive unwanted mail, you can mark it as junk. Messages marked as junk are displayed with a junk mail icon.
Email messages in the Junk folder are automatically deleted after 30 days, so periodically check the Junk folder to check for messages that were mistakenly marked as junk.
To indicate that my emails are now junk:
1. Click the Junk folder in the sidebar.
2. Select my email message, then click the “Not Junk” button in the top right of the message window.
Doing so will move the current message to your Inbox as well as any emails that come from me after this.
By default, messages in the Junk folder are deleted after 30 days so make sure you check it often, especially if you’re not getting emails that you’re expecting, to whitelist relevant email.
Address Book Inclusion
1. Open the email.
2. Click “Add to Address Book” in the email header.
3. Use the “Address Book Editor” to verify the sender’s contact details and click “save.”
4. Fill in the sender email as the email address of the sender.
Any mail sent with the same Domain will also now be delivered to your Inbox.
1. Open the email message from the sender you want to add to your address book.
2. Click on the “Save Address” link next to the “From” address.
3. Check the “Add to Contacts” box and click “Save.”